I am so full of crap. Great headline though eh?
This is my “I am Bored and All Alone in Reno Birthday Survey”.
Please do steal and re-work it for your own glee and amusement.
Tired of all of those surveys made up by dumb and/or degenerate
high school kids?
How about one made up by a dumb and/or degenerate adult?
50 questions for the people who are a tad older
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Car insurance. Those blood suckers
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Um….. it’s been months and months. Probably TK’s house.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Who says I’m not a virgin? Sheesh. Lies and whispers I tell ‘ya.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Marrying Lucky Ex-husband Number Two. That dickhead.
Bitter, party of one? Your table is ready.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sitting on a beach in the sun reading a book while simultaneously being felt up by a hot erotic man. Oh yeah, since this is fantasy I’m drinking a glass of champagne as well.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A pathologist or a movie star
8. How many colleges did you attend?
Two; graduated from the second. could n longer afford the first.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Oh they’re too low. I must pay more.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
Somewhere warm with the ocean nearby… South America maybe
I2. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Thank god that was a dream –shudder-. Nightmares are my life.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
It’s cold in here and who stole my life?
14. Favorite underwear?
15. Favorite thing about the opposite sex?
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
cleaning up after other people i.e. my kid
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
Sure. For CIA pharmacological experiments.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
Well that depends if I actually sleep at all
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a guy /girl?
That is potentially the stupidest question I’ve ever come across. Pardon the terminology.
21. Have you found real love yet?
I did but of course I’m an idiot romantic
22. When did you first start feeling old?
In the early 90’s when I realized that my vinyl collection far outnumbered my CD collection
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Unbaptized small child. Medium rare.
25. What do you get every time you go into Costco?
An empty wallet
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I just have a steep learning curve
28. Do you own property?
Technically my daughter is chattel and not property
29. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
Oh yeah I’m gonna post that.
31. What’s your drink?
Club Soda and Bitters. Shaken not stirred.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
Huh? What happened to ‘grown-up survey?’
33. Cops or Robbers?
I always played the Serial Killer. Strangely there is no one around to confirm this
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Hank Stratton. He was my best friend, which brings me to a favorite joke:
Why did god invent fat girls? So little gay boys would have friends.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
KRZQ or NPR. Don’t remember.
36. Norm or Cliff?
Norm. Cliff was not amusing just dumb. The same reason I’ve always detested I Love Lucy.
37. Grey’s or The Office?
Neither. Dexter or 60 Seconds to Disaster
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
That should read mistakes plural, this is not an essay and I am not Dostoevsky
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
You mean the cat?
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Dead? Dorothy Parker. Living? Harlan Ellison.
41. Indoors or Outdoors?
For what –raises eyebrows- ?
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
In 1982. Into a tree off of Laguna Canyon Highway. Driving my ’76 Camero. At 50+ MPH. Good times.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Well it wasn’t really me, it was the driver in car in front of me. On the 91 freeway in the middle of the desert coming back from Palm Springs. Seems the engine was on fire. Damned disposal Hyundai
44. Last book you read?
The Lost by Daniel Mendelsohn. An account of the author’s search for family members who were killed by the Nazis in Poland. It’s funny, sad, intriguing and suspenseful.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
The front yard. I don’t think that this is so strange though.
47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Camping along the Russian River
48. Do you go to church?
What is this ‘church’ you speak of?
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Funny you should mention that as I have neither
50. How old are you?
19 or 39. I can’t remember…..Steely Dan or Jack Benny
Small World Big Band
By: Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra
Release date: 18 December, 2001
-NOTE- This was originally posted in 2007, and answers reflect that time in our/my glorious history. In particular I was 12 years sober, still had retirement accounts, and had not yet sprouted a gray hair; the Demon Seed was not yet into the full tilt boogie evil teen mode. Seems as though nothing else has changed.
Thanks to Max for re-posting this and reminding me. See her answers to my eccentric survey at the previous link.
Oh. my birthday is actually November 12. Gift registry available at any Dollar Store near you.